Pause works with partners in the third and public sectors to identify those who may benefit from Pause support, to set up and establish the service. We also provide ongoing support and training for those working with the Pause Practice. We operate across England, but we are also working with partners in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to develop Pause Practices there.
Pause Practices are staffed by a Practice Lead, a Practice Co-ordinator and Practitioners, the number of which vary by each Practice.
As the title suggests, Practice Leads are responsible for the running of the Practice. They have experience of working with vulnerable adults and children at both a frontline and strategic level. They help to develop and maintain good working relationships with local partners and services. They are also a coach and leader for the rest of the Practice, offering structure and support that enables the Pause Practitioners to focus on their interaction with the women, ensuring outcomes are achieved.
Pause Practitioners work directly with women – and often their partners and wider family networks. Each Practitioner works with between six and eight women throughout the 18-month programme, helping each woman to address their challenges and difficulties through a range of interventions as part of an integrated package of health, therapeutic and social support.
Practice Co-ordinators are the backbone of every Pause Practice. They keep everything running smoothly, from managing data to organising meetings and events.
Find out more about our existing Pause Practices, which are listed in order of opening, below.
About Pause Hackney
Pause Hackney brings together skills from clinical therapy, counselling, homeless outreach, substance misuse and criminology.
- 3,133 Children in Need
- 370 Looked After Children
- 330 Children subject to a child protection plan
020 8356 4945
About Pause Hull
The experience brought to Pause Hull includes work in children’s social care, prison and criminal justice, drug and alcohol misuse, domestic violence, refugee councils and leaving care services.
- 695 Looked After Children
- 3,507 Children in Need
- 412 Children subject to a child protection plan
About Pause Islington
- 2,103 Children in Need
- 340 Looked After Children
- 205 Children subject to a child protection plan
020 7527 4204
About Pause Greenwich
Pause Greenwich has been a part of Children’s Services in the Royal Borough of Greenwich since October 2015 and now includes a Care Leavers pilot programme. The Practice has a wide range of professional experience and skills including child protection social work, probation, substance misuse, mental health, counselling, domestic violence and abuse, special educational needs and learning disabilities, Family Group Conferences, youth and community work and direct therapeutic and family work.
As a borough, Greenwich has:
- 495 Looked After Children
- 2,799 Children in Need
- 294 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
020 8921 2948
About Pause Newham
Pause Newham has a range of experience from different backgrounds including child protection, court work, targeted youth work, asylum and Immigration, looked after child services, domestic violence, welfare rights, housing and homelessness. .
As a borough, Newham has:
- 3,165 Children in Need
- 395 Looked After Children
- 319 Children subject to a child protection plan
020 3373 8071
About Pause Southwark
Pause Southwark has a range of professional skills and qualifications in psychology, psychotherapy, social work , systemic family therapy, substance misuse and drama therapy.
As a borough, Southwark has:
- 2,639 Children in Need
- 500 Looked After Children
- 326 children subject to a child protection plan
020 7525 5489
About Pause Newcastle
As a borough, Newcastle-upon-Tyne has:
- 535 Looked After Children
- 2,594 Children in Need
- 392 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
0191 271 4615
About Pause Derby
Pause Derby has experience in child protection, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health, nursing and midwifery, domestic violence, residential children’s homes, early help, housing, counselling, therapeutic intervention and outreach with sex workers.
As a borough, Derby has:
- 450 Looked After Children
- 2,742 Children in Need
- 368 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
01332 888 095
About Pause Wiltshire
Pause Wiltshire has experience in domestic violence, children’s safeguarding/social work, and substance misuse.
Across, Wiltshire County Council, there are:
- 440 Looked After Children
- 2,700 Children in Need
- 396 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
About Pause Bristol
Pause Bristol has experience in child protection, domestic abuse, substance misuse, CSE, harmful sexual behaviours, family law, sex worker support and with adults with learning disabilities.
Across the Bristol City Council area, there are:
- 685 Looked After Children
- 3,601 Children in Need
- 494 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
0117 440 6788
Pause NE Lincolnshire
About Pause NE Lincolnshire
Across North East Lincolnshire, there are:
- 295 Looked After Children
- 1,975 Children in Need
- 202 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
Pause Barking & Dagenham
About Pause Barking & Dagenham
Across Barking & Dagenham, there are:
- 410 Looked After Children
- 2,056 Children in Need
- 294 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
020 8227 3858
Pause West Sussex
About Pause West Sussex
Across the West Sussex County Council area, there are:
- 665 Looked After Children
- 4,802 Children in Need
- 549 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
About Pause Slough
Across Slough, there are:
- 190 Looked After Children
- 1,212 Children in Need
- 153 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
About Pause Cumbria
Across Cumbria, there are:
- 625 Looked After Children
- 3,104 Children in Need
- 523 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
Pause St Helens
About Pause St Helens
Across St Helens, there are:
- 425 Looked After Children
- 1,859 Children in Need
- 230 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
About Pause Blackpool
Across Blackpool, there are:
- 525 Looked After Children
- 1,901 Children in Need
- 364 children subject to a Child Protection Plan
About Pause Doncaster
Contact details to follow