Never more than once – Pause launches new five-year strategy
Today, at the Pause People Conference, Jules Hiller, CEO of Pause, launches our new five-year strategy.
We believe that children have the right to a safe, secure and loving home and when that can’t happen they sometimes need to be removed into care. A key part of our vision for our 2020 to 2025 strategy is to make sure that women who experience or are at risk of the removal of children into care are given the best possible support so that it never happens more than once.
In order to work towards achieving this we will focus on four strategic priorities:
- We will understand more about how, why and where repeat removals happen
- We will deliver Practice to those who have experienced or are at risk of repeat removals
- We will learn with and from people affected by repeat removals
- We will influence systems, policy and practice to prevent it happening more than once
Our approach to delivering the new strategy will include:
- People: We will build a healthy, happy organisation that attracts and retains the very best people nationally and in Practices
- Funding: We will develop a sustainable, diverse funding base and deliver demonstrable value for money
- Communications: We will use effective, honest, straightforward communications to support the delivery of the strategy.
- Diversity: We will take action to make Pause an anti-racist and inclusive organisation to work for and with.
“Our new strategy is ambitious about what can change for women who’ve experienced repeat removals of children from their care. It focuses on understanding more about their experiences, working with them to support positive change and learning from them so things can get better.
The strategy reflects the powerful impact Pause Practices across the UK have had on women’s lives and the outcomes they have achieved. We are building on those achievements.
I am proud that the language we use in the strategy is based on feedback from women we work with and look forward to listening and learning from even more women over the next five years to create real change for them and families in the future.”
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact email@example.com